[GE users] Job waits forever in newly creaded PE

Daniel Díaz diaz.carrete at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:02:36 BST 2006

Hello, I have created this very simple PE in my SGE installation:

pe_name           mpich2_dummy
slots             0
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /bin/true
stop_proc_args    /bin/true
allocation_rule   $fill_up
control_slaves    FALSE
job_is_first_task TRUE
urgency_slots     min

I have then added the PE to the pe_list of my all.q cluster queue.

However, when I submit a simple job (a call to /bin/true),  the job
waits forever in state qw

I can execute the script in other previously existing PEs just fine. I
am at a loss to understant what's going wrong.

Is there another configuration step to do besides creating the PE and
adding if to the pe_list of a cluster queue?