[GE users] Problems with LAM tight integration

slaton slaton at berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 3 20:06:33 BST 2006

> > whereas the rsh wrapper generated this (note additional lines not
> > included above):
> >
> > /opt/sge/bin/lx24-amd64/qrsh -V -inherit -n -p 32796 qcn11 exec
> > '/opt/sge/utilbin/lx24-amd64/qrsh_starter'
> > '/opt/sge/default/spool/qcn11/active_jobs/59.1/1.qcn11'
>
> It looks, like the rsh-wrapper is called with parameters which are
> already processed by an rsh-wrapper and now the final command is covered
> again by an rsh-wrapper. Do you have any additonal directories in your
> PATH, which might use another rsh-wrapper (where you commented out the
> "echo") - any $SGE_ROOT/mpi or so?

There IS an rsh wrapper in /opt/sge/mpi, which is used for mpich parallel
environment. However /opt/sge/mpi is not in PATH; only
/opt/sge/bin/lx24-amd64 and /usr/userstat/bin.

The only other thing i could think of is that in my environment module for
LAM, i set LAMRSH to 'rsh', which is just actually unnecessary since it is
the default (unless compiled with --with-rsh ssh or some such thing). I
removed this definition and it made no difference.

I also tried setting LAMRSH to '/opt/sge/lam_tight_qrsh/rsh' which also
made no difference.

Since this LAM installation is dedicated for SGE tight integration jobs,
do you think it would help to Just for completeness i will also try
recompiling LAM with --with-rsh configured to /opt/sge/lam_tight_qrsh/rsh,
ie.

 ./configure --with-rsh="/opt/sge/lam_tight_qrsh/rsh" [..other opts..]

For what it's worth the test script i'm submitting is very simple:

 #!/bin/sh
 #$ -cwd
 #$ -N mpihello
 echo "using tmpdir $TMPDIR"
 /usr/local/lam/7.1.2/sge/pgi/bin/mpirun C ./mpihello

thanks
slaton