[GE users] Problems with LAM tight integration

slaton slaton at berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 3 21:49:17 BST 2006

> > Since this LAM installation is dedicated for SGE tight integration
> > jobs, do you think it would help to Just for completeness i will also
> > try recompiling LAM with --with-rsh configured to
> > /opt/sge/lam_tight_qrsh/rsh,
>
> For me it was working without, so this shouldn't be necessary. A plain
> rsh is fine.

Ok.

> And your PE request is on the command line?

Yes, e.g.

 % qsub -pe lam_tight_qrsh 2 ./mpi-tester.sh

Just now i put it into the script itself instead, no difference of course.

> Can you please put a:
>
> which rsh
>
> in the script?

Sure. i got:

 Using tmpdir /tmp/68.1.testing
 Using rsh /tmp/68.1.testing/rsh

rsh'ing into the node i see:

 $ ls -l /tmp/68.1.testing/
 total 8
 -rw-r--r--  1 slaton slaton 12 Aug  3 13:42 machines
 -rw-r--r--  1 slaton slaton  3 Aug  3 13:42 qrsh_client_cache
 lrwxrwxrwx  1 slaton slaton 27 Aug  3 13:42 rsh -> /opt/sge/lam_tight_qrsh/rsh

thanks
slaton