[GE users] Adding a new cell

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 8 10:06:21 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 08.08.2006 um 10:56 schrieb John Hearns:

> Has anyone ever added a new SGE cell to an already running
> installation?
>
> I have created a second script to start the sge master, using a
> different SGE_CELL name and
> different ports for qmaster and execd.
> I cannot connect to the qmaster on the new port:
> " error: commlib error: can't connect to service (Connection refused)
> unable to contact qmaster using port 1801 "

you just duplicated the sgemaster script? You also need the complete
directory in $SGE_ROOT, which is normally called "default" (i.e. the
name of the cell) and bootstrap some information there.

Before you start the manual installation, export the SGE_QMASTER_PORT
and SGE_EXECD_PORT with the new information, to supersede the
information you might get otherwise with /etc/services.

In the end you have two qmaster running on this machine; one for each
cell.

HTH - Reuti