[GE users] -p Priority

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Thu Aug 10 08:42:45 BST 2006

Hi,

well, there is an alternative. There is a Sun patch for Solaris and Linux
which just comes with a qmaster binary and which fixes that issue:

The patch id's for the tar.gz patches are:

sol-sparc   123435-01
sol-sparc64 123436-01
sol-x86     123437-01
sol-amd64   123438-01
lx24-x86    123439-01
lx24-amd64  123440-01

It's required that 6.0u8 is installed before the qmaster binary is replaced
with the 6.0u8_1 binary!

Since Grid Engine since last November is available for free download
including Windows execution host support and the Accounting and Reporting
Console (ARCo) the alternative to download the open source courtesy binaries
is to go to

    http://sun.com/solaris/get.jsp

There you not only get Grid Engine but also a lot of other Sun software for
free, including the Solaris operating system for x86/x86 and Sparc, the Sun
Studio Compilers and many more software. A small "warning": the free
download does not entitle users to get services and support however.

Cheers,
Andy