[GE users] SGE 6 - queues entering error state

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Wed Aug 16 19:41:06 BST 2006

FWIW, I think this is resolved now.

We had originally downloaded the source code to patch the "no negative
priorities" issue and compiled everything up manually from the main head.

Since we discovered that there was a binary patch to address the issue, I
reinstalled stock 6.0u8, patched it up, and switched back to that... and the
queue errors have magically vanished.

So the problem appears to have stemmed from something in either the current code
development or in our compilation chain. In any case it appears to be a
non-issue. Thank you very much for trying to help me figure out what might have
been going wrong.