[GE users] simple high/low priority configuration?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 06:50:01 BST 2006

I'd like to configure a simple pair of high/low priority queues for a small
cluster of four machines:

  qsub job # should go to low.q, never to high.q
  qsub -q high.q job # only way to submit to high.q

If all CPUs are in use only high.q jobs should get dispatched.

I think/hope I am quite close already: I cloned the default all.q as low.q and
high.q (and removed all.q), and made low.q a subordinate of high.q. The problem
is that "qsub job" submits to both queues, not just low.q as I'd like. What is
the best way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Ralf

http://mail.yahoo.com