[GE users] submit jobs to specific hosts

Nano Surbakti nano.surbakti at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 12:29:35 BST 2006

Hi.. thanks for helping me...

I've tried the following command:
qsub -q all.q at node08.fake.hostabcd.com /opt/sge/sge-root/examples/jobs/simple.sh
I submitted the job from master host.

The job was never started. The qmon reported:
scheduling info: queue instance "all.q at node08.fake.hostabcd.com"
dropped because it is temporarily not available.

The host is actually alive. I've done some simple test on that "node08" host.

Perhaps the master not able to connect to execd in the node08? I test
it with qping to execd port in node08:

qping -info node08.fake.hostabcd.com 537 execd 1

but it gave this result:
endpoint node08.fake.hostabcd.com/execd/1 at port 537: can't find connection

The master host is an exec host too, and it use port 537 for execd.
Can I use a different port in node08? There is firewall acting between
the master and the node08. If I can use a different port, can I use
any port? Sorry, I'm not a master in networking at all.

BIG THANKS,

--
Nano Surbakti