[GE users] Connection refused

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Dec 5 15:08:54 GMT 2006

Hi Iman,

The main difference is that "qrsh" is part of gridengine and "rsh" is
a system program -- a google search on "rsh" should give you the
background on what it does and why people may or may not choose to
use it (trade offs between security and convenience mostly).

Anyway, if you want to test Grid Engine the following commands are
what I usually type right when I login to a SGE system:

(1) See the overall health/state of the system:   "qstat -f"
(2) Verify that I can remotely run trivial commands on remote nodes
via Grid Engine:  "qrsh hostname" and "qrsh uptime"

Regards,
Chris