[GE users] How to find out why a job is pending..

Göran Uddeborg uddeborg at carmen.se
Fri Feb 3 08:38:01 GMT 2006

Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com writes:
> Please excuse my newbe question here. But I've got a couple of pending jobs
> and I can't find out why they're pending.
>
> Any suggestions is appreciated.

You need to give more information for anyone to be able to help you.

My method is to first ask myself "Which queue instance would I expect
this job to be able to run in?"  Then I do "qstat -j <jobid>" and try
to understand why the job isn't running in that queue instance.

If you want help from the list, you need to attach or give a URL to
the output of the command and the answer to the question.