[GE users] knowing when a job is not scheduled because of quotas

Ionel GARDAIS ionel.gardais at tech-advantage.com
Wed May 9 09:21:30 BST 2007

I've installed SGE 6.1 and I'm playing around with quotas.
Here is my setup :
- Quota is set like that :
$ qconf -srqs betatest
{
   name         betatest
   description  Beta test quota for hpl
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        projects {betatest} to slots=8
}

- Job is launched like this :
$ head HPC/hpl.job
#!/bin/bash
#$ -S /bin/bash
#
#$ -pe intelmpi 16
#$ -q grid.q
#$ -P betatest

When I qsub the hpl job, it stays in 'qw' state and 'qstat -f -j
<jobid>' does not say explicitly why it is not scheduled.
If I modify the 'betatest' quota on-the-fly, job runs a few seconds
after (proving to me that it is was related to quotas)

As 'qquota' only shows in-use quotas, how could I get informations about
quota-related non-scheduled jobs ?

Thanks,
Ionel

--