[GE users] qstat (add)

Alexander Thomas alex at gaponline.de
Thu May 17 21:17:27 BST 2007

Daniel Templeton schrieb:
> What does qstat -u "*" do in your environment?  How does it not work?
Sorry I removed the stub of previous mails.

The new behaviour of qstat in 6.1 is to hide all jobs that not belongs
to the owner:
http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/behavior_change_in_6_1
and -u "*" should be the workaround.

But that doesn't works for me. I only be able to see my jobs or the jobs
of explizit users.

cu alex

> Daniel
>
> Alexander Thomas wrote:
>> Alexander Thomas schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I upgraded SGE 6.0u10 -> 6.1 and recognized a new behaviour of qstat,
>>> but that workaround with qstat -u "*" doesn't works but qstat -u
>>> username. Does -u "*" requires any spezial options? I upgraded SGE
>>> that way:
>>> I deleted everything but the cluster directory, dumped the spooling
>>> database with db_dump, unpack the new files, started the spooling db and
>>> load the database back with db_load.
>>>
>> I also tried to upgrade the official way by inst_sge -bup etc...
>>
>> the same behaviour.
>> qstat -u "*" doesn't work for me.
>>
>>> Thanks for your helpfullness.
>>>
>>> Yours sincerly Alexander Thomas
>>>

>> Cu Alexander Thomas

    [ Part 2, "OpenPGP digital signature"  Application/PGP-SIGNATURE ]
    [ (Name: "signature.asc") 260 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]