[GE users] Got something installed - how do I set things up?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu May 24 21:04:54 BST 2007

I may have missed the part about why you are building from source
instead of using the ready to go binary packages but if you have
completed the "aimk" build related process you then need to configure
configuration script that guides the building of the installable
packages. I don't have my SGE install handy at the moment so I can't
give you the exact details but look in your distribution for files
called "distinst" or distinst.site -- the basic process involves
running a final script that creates the same sort of directory tree
you'd get if you had downloaded the binary packages from
gridengine.sunsource.net

Once you have that, the installation is easy and is handled via
scripts such as "./install_qmaster" and "./install_execd". This is
all well covered in the documentation manuals -- just head over to
http://docs.sun.com and search on the term "N1GE" -- you want the "N1
Grid Engine 6 Documentation Collection" or similar.

{ danT's reply just came in but I'll send this anyway, if you were
looking for DRMAA stuff then just ignore this message ! }

-Chris