[GE users] Backup permission problem

Heywood, Todd heywood at cshl.edu
Tue May 29 15:41:48 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to backup the current SGE installation prior to upgrading, and
run into the following problem:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/n1ge6/backup': Permission denied

Command failed: mkdir -p /opt/n1ge6/backup

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

I tried this as both root and sgeadmin... same result.

There is n o problem outside of "inst_sge -bup":

[root at bhmnode2 n1ge6]# mkdir -p /opt/n1ge6/backup
[root at bhmnode2 n1ge6]# cd backup
[root at bhmnode2 backup]# pwd
/opt/n1ge6/backup
[root at bhmnode2 backup]#