[GE users] Backup permission problem

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Tue May 29 15:47:57 BST 2007

Hi,

who owns /opt/n1ge6?

The script tries to create as SGE admin user the directory. If it's
owned by user root (or someone else) the mkdir fails.

The code is certainly in <sge_root>/util/install_modules/inst_common.sh and
says:

    ExecuteAsAdmin $MKDIR $backup_dir

Workaround: make /opt/n1ge6 temporarily writable for the admin user.

Andy