[GE users] can't set "enforce project" parameter on hosts

John Mc-Nicholas XJ (GU/ETL) john.xj.mc-nicholas at ericsson.com
Wed May 30 15:11:48 BST 2007

Hi Reuti

"There is also a setting "projects" in each exec host's definiton (qonf
-me <node>)."

That is correct but It doesn't help me unfortunately.
I wish to set the "enforce project" parameter so that when a user
submits a job , he/she must enter a mandatory project name.
This is possible globally. With the global enforce project parameter but
I only want to apply this to a small subset of users , on a trial basis.

I thought this would be possible by only giving them access to certain
hosts and setting "enforce project = true"
for only these hosts.
Other users can continue to submit jobs without the project name.

I hope this clears things up and someone can come up with a solution.
I did also try qconf -mconf "host" and set "enforce project = true" but
this changed has been ignored by grid.
Only the global setting makes a difference.

Thanks

John