[GE users] ques in error state c - slots has ambiguous value

Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Wed May 30 23:40:00 BST 2007

It turns out that @lar_xeon contained  @xeon3, so after removal, that
fixed that problem.  As to why it is defined twice, I don't really know
the answer.  Can I just delete the stuff in square brackets?  I wouldn't
mind if it just had one value.

Thanks,
Brett Grant

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
05/30/2007 03:23 PM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] ques in error state c - slots has ambiguous value

Am 30.05.2007 um 22:16 schrieb Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com:

> I have a RH Linux system that has been up and running for months
> with little or no issue.  The head node has 48 execution hosts.  On
> Friday, the head node when down.  When it was brought back up
> today, 7 computers came up with a state of 'c'.  Checking the
> explain box says warning:  "slots" has ambiguous value
> ("@lar_xeon","@xeon3")
>
> Looking at qconf -mq lar, the slots values says:  slots        4,
> [@lar_xeon=4],[@xeon3=4]
>
> which is exactly what it has been set to for months.
>
> Any suggestions?

Is any node in both hostgroups? And I wonder, why you are setting it
at all for two additonal hostgroups, as all are 4?