[GE users] qmaster doesn't start on amd64

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Mon Jan 7 13:33:19 GMT 2008

Hi Marco

On Jan 7, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Marco Donauer wrote:

> Davide,
>
> were all of your daemons down after restarting the upgraded cluster?
> Is it possible that you forgot any daemon to shutdown before
> upgradeing which is still running.
> Could you try the stop all daemons and restart the cluster again?
> The sge_schedd can not connect to qmaster. Could you check the
> qmaster messages file?
> You will find it in qmaster_spool dir.

Apparently it was only an issue with reverse resolving of hostnames...
I've fixed with a proper resolv.conf but I had my minutes of fear! :-)

thanks again

/*
Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007