[GE users] Grid configuration change-management

Fri Jan 11 12:57:19 GMT 2008

Hi Nikhil,

actually it should be possible to do this based on EDITOR environment
variable. It would have to point on a script wrapper that saves the
file before editing under /tmp/saved.$$ so that it can mail the diff
to a mailing list after editing.

As for an RFE the question would be whether somehing related could
be done for qmon. I think it would be possible even though no editor
is launched by qmon. Having such a configuration change plug-in would
be interesting as it could be the base for use of a version control
system such as CVS as a mirror for the SGE configuration.

Regards,
Andreas

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Mulley, Nikhil wrote:

> In our environment, we are group of people who administer the grid.
> Whenever we make any changes to the grid configuration in any detail, we
> mail the diffs to track the changes among ourselves.
> Would it be possible, in a better way, that whenever there is any change
> to the grid configuration by the qconf command, there is a mail
> generated. In the sense, please have another option like 'change_mail
> yes|no' and send an diff to the email id defined in 'administrator_mail'
> of the grid configuration based on the parameter value. Can this make
> out as an RFE ? Please let me know to file it.
>
> Thanks,
> Nikhil

<°)))><

http://gridengine.info/