[GE users] Grid configuration change-management

Mulley, Nikhil Nikhil.Mulley at deshaw.com
Sun Jan 13 10:55:32 GMT 2008

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the response.

If I read your message correctly on the EDITOR variable pointing to a wrapper for producing the diffs, it is certainly doable, but what would have been more appropriate is it if it were a feature from SGE itself whether people are interested in the change management itself, if yes, send notifications on the changes. In my case, there are multiple people associated with the changes, in the sense of relying on all of them for setting their EDITOR variable would not be appropriate.  As such as request, I guess this could be well made into SGE itself.

Admittingly, I mostly rely on command line qconf, than qmon as the tool for SGE admin changes. [I actually never used it :-/]
If it were to do for both qmon and qconf, then this I guess, requires on SGE front itself to get configuration change (plug-in)... Than having a admin to have his EDITOR variable set to a custom wrapper always.

Please let me know your consent.

Regards,
Nikhil