[GE users] comprehensive -l limit documentation

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Tue Jan 15 20:44:58 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Somehow, we now have to use some limits/ressources reservation for some jobs. Looking around man qsub, man complex, man queue_conf and a little bit on the SGE website, I can't really find any comprehensive documentation about the subject.

For example, I saw the -l mem_total=6G on the web, but can't find it in the official documentation.

Searching for "mem_total" in the administration guide gives 0 result (for 6.0), and in the user guide, there is the listing of "qconf -sc", but no descriptions.

I use SGE 6.0.

Is there a comprehensive guide on resources reservation somewhere?

Thanks.

Alexandre Racine
Projets spéciaux
514-461-1300 poste 3304