[GE users] GE and Ant

Mon Jan 21 08:47:35 GMT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Christopher Heiny wrote:

> On Friday 18 January 2008, ground control picked up the following
> transmission from Andreas.Haas at sun.com:
>> Making task launches through SGE optional is needed at all
>> events, if it shall be used by a broader audience. Actually we
>> did something similar with qtcsh(1)
>>
>> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/griden
>> gine/doc/htmlman/htmlman1/qtcsh.html
>>
>> I'm not sure however whether use of DRMAA suffices: Note, DRMAA does
>> not give you output redirection. This one gets only with qrsh(1). For
>> that reason it is used by qtcsh(1) and qmake(1) for launching tasks.
>
> Hmmmm.  I thought that the JobTemplate path properties (inputPath,
> outputPath, and errorPath) would let us specify a source or destination
> for redirection, and then FileTransferMode would let us specify which
> of those get redirected.

That is correct. Nevertheless it means that output always goes into
a file. Though one could specify /dev/stdout for outputPath and
/dev/stderr for errorPath, but it has not the desired effect.

> Is my understanding of this incorrect?  If that is the case, maybe it
> would work to have the grid launcher delegate to qtcsh.

Use of qtcsh(1) would work or you use qrsh(1) directly. Benefit of
qtcsh(1) is that the qtask(5) file would be used for deciding whether
tasks are to be started via SGE.

Regards,
Andreas

http://gridengine.info/