[GE users] comprehensive -l limit documentation

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Wed Jan 23 15:09:32 GMT 2008

Hi Reuti,

Mmm, well is my syntax correct?

In the bash file I have put this witch would ask for 20GB of memory.
#$-l h_vmem=20G

When launching the job, SGE sent the job to a machine with 14G free...

qstat
all.q at server1.com   BIP   1/3       0.12     lx24-amd64
    400 0.56000 Merli racine      r     01/23/2008 10:10:05     1

$ qhost
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO  SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -       -       -
SERVER2                 lx24-amd64      8  1.13   30.4G    4.4G    1.9G     0.0
SERVER1                 lx24-amd64      4  0.12   14.6G  769.1M    2.0G     0.0

Can SGE use memory from another machine?
Thanks

Alexandre Racine
514-461-1300 poste 3304
alexandre.racine at mhicc.org