[GE users] SGE imposing cpu-limits on jobs in queue.

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:28:42 GMT 2008

SGE should just execute the job or suspend the job, but I don't think
SGE can make the job only consume 50% of the CPU time (even if you set
"reprioritize" in sge_conf(5)), the OS process scheduler still tries
to run something and not let the machine idle.

Do you get 100% CPU utilization when you run the jobs outside of SGE??

Rayson