[GE users] prolog script for parallel jobs

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 30 15:01:16 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 30.01.2008 um 14:39 schrieb Neeraj Chourasia:

>    My intention is to discourage people running MPI jobs directly
> on compute nodes. If i modify ssh, and assuming ssh to be common
> across all kind of jobs, (via SGE/ without SGE ), i wont be able to
> achieve user restriction.

my usual solution to this is: disable rsh and ssh in the cluster
completely (or: limit ssh login to admin staff in /etc/ssh/sshd_config).

As Andy said, SGE will start its own daemons and parallel jobs will
run happy with them, if you have a Tight Integration of the parallel
programs. In this case also the default rsh might be sufficient, as
it will only allow connections inside the cluster.

-- Reuti