[GE users] I: Sun's Network.com Renders Computer-Animated Movie "Big Buck Bunny"

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 20:39:18 BST 2008

While it's interesting that the Sun Grid was used to render the
film, it's also important to mention that the film was created
with opensource software, and the film itself is opensource.

Quoting Wikipedia: "Both the final product and production data,
including animation data, characters and textures are released
under the Creative Commons Attribution License."

IMO, with tools and knowledge like this being made freely
available on the web, people in 3rd world countries can catch up
way faster than ever before!

 -Ron

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=HPC-DEV-PREV-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI