[GE users] au state on new machine

RRay at semtech.com RRay at semtech.com
Thu Jun 5 16:21:19 BST 2008

We just installed three machines using the same install procedure for all
three.  Only one of them comes up ok, the other two have au in the status
for qstat -f.  All three machines are identical (CentOS 4.6 64bit, all
updates applied).  I can't seem to get rid of the au state.

qstat -explain a returns
all.q at us02farm6.semnet.dom     BIP   0/2       -NA-     -NA-          au
        error: no value for "np_load_avg" because execd is in unknown
state

1.  I have stopped and restarted sgeexecd several times.
2.  I have rebooted the machine and no luck
3.  I've checked /etc/services to make sure the correct ports are listed
4.  I've scratched my head several times in puzzlement

Anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?  What haven't I done?

Russ