[GE users] Help: Load Problem

Richard Ems Richard.Ems at cape-horn-eng.com
Mon Jun 9 10:53:54 BST 2008

Lee Amy wrote:
> 2008/6/7 Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
> <mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>>:
>
>     Am 07.06.2008 um 14:58 schrieb Lee Amy:
>
>         <snip>
>
>         Thank you very much. But I have a problem I still didn't
>         understand. If I just set up the thresholds, I think I can just
>         configure the hosts or queue load average in SGE. Right?
>

>     No, please have a look at `man queue_conf`, sections
>     "load_thresholds" and "suspend_thresholds".

Did you RTFM ?

> Thank you again. And it seems that I cannot set up the load average of
> every host in SGE. Anyway, I found that the vaule of np_load_average in
> Load Threshold is 1.75. What dose it mean?

RTFM !

    load_thresholds
        load_thresholds is a list of load thresholds. If one of the
thresholds is exceeded no further jobs will be scheduled to the queues
and qmon(1) will signal an overload condition for this node. Arbi?
        trary load values being defined in the "host" and "global"
complexes (see complex(5) for details) can be used.

        The syntax is that of a comma separated list with each list
element consisting of the name of a load value, an equal sign and the
threshold value being intended to trigger  the  overload  situation
        (e.g. load_avg=1.75,users_logged_in=5).

        Note: Load values as well as consumable resources may be scaled
differently for different hosts if specified in the corresponding
execution host definitions (refer to host_conf(5) for more informa?
        tion). Load thresholds are compared against the scaled load and
consumable values.

8)

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems at Cape-Horn-Eng.com

Cape Horn Engineering S.L.
C/ Dr. J.J. Dómine 1, 5? piso
46011 Valencia
Tel : +34 96 3242923 / Fax 924