[GE users] JOBID Max Number?

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 19:25:56 BST 2008

Jesse,

Just make sure that MAX_SEQNUM is not larger than the max value that can be held be u_long32 (see: job_number_t).

While a u_long32 can hold 2^32 - 1, there may be code that treats the job ID as a signed int, which has a max of 2^31 - 1.

Finally, Andy also said that should be OK to change the MAX_SEQNUM value:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=9893

 -Ron