[GE users] 6.2 beta qsh problem...

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Thu Jun 12 17:52:35 BST 2008

Hi,

> If you switch of the firewall for
> internal connections in your cluster (i.e. between server1 and
> server2) and allow connections to X11 from the other server in your
> case (xhost +server2).

I don't really understand this sentence. Those tests servers do not have
firewalls but could you please elaborate a little more for the X11 part?
This will make qsh work in a transparent way?

> the problem is, that X11 is working in the other way: an xterm is
> started on a node and connects to the local machine (the submit host
> - where a X11 server is supposed to be running already)  to show you
> the output.

Correct. I am on server1, run qsh and xterm is started on server2. Then
xterm connect to server1... mmmm ok so here is the authentification
problem I guess.

> This was working fine in former times, when noone cared
> about firewalls and unencrypted connections - just ports 6000+ are
> used in such a configuration.

This is related to my first question. Ok, I'll wait for your answer.

In the future, could SGE have it's own "qsh tunnel" in a transparent
way? (I know, this is putting all the work in your hands. Sorry for
that).

Thanks.

Alexandre Racine
alexandre.racine at mhicc.org