[GE users] DRMAA submission and hard resource requests

Thu Jun 12 19:28:14 BST 2008

What's happening is, to quote the drmaa_attributes(3) man page:

     By default DRMAA sets four options for all jobs.  These  are
     "-p  0", "-b yes", "-shell no", and "-w e".  This means that
     by default, all jobs will have priority 0, all jobs will  be
     treated  as binary, i.e. no scripts args will be parsed, all
     jobs will be executed without  a  wrapper  shell,  and  jobs
     which are unschedulable will cause a submit error.

To change that behavior, add "-w n" to the job category or the native
specification.  ("-w w" and "-w v" are ignored by DRMAA.)

Daniel