[GE users] A submit filter for SGE?

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 04:59:30 BST 2008

--- On Wed, 5/28/08, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Could be two RFEs for SGE: a) check special credentials, b)
> an entry in SGE's configuration for a script which will be
> called for every qsub.
>
> For now the option b) would be to built this directly
> hard-coded into
> a self-compiled qmaster in SGE to call a script and write
> the information to a file.

I think those RFE suggestions are good.

However, doing fork/exec in qmaster can lead to very high overhead. The better option is to modify qsub to do the checking, but modify the CULL version to make it incompatible with any other qsub binaries.

(Of course it is not a permanent solution to use a hacked qsub, but it should be fine until we get the feature implemented in SGE.)

 -Ron