[GE users] Loose and Tight Integration Execution Times

Azhar Ali Shah aas_lakyari at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 11:49:04 BST 2008

Hello,

I have Integrated MPICH2-1.0.7rc2 with SGE on a 6 node linux (centos) cluster with 9 processors (slots) all having different speeds.

For comparison purpose I have used both Loose and Tight Integration with SMPD daeon-bassed and SMPD daemon-less methods following instructions from (http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.html).

When the same application is run with loose and tight integration, there is big difference in execution time (in terms of Wall Clock) as:

Loose integration (SMPD daemon-based): 02:22:25   (hh:mm:ss)
Tight Integration (SMPD daemon-based):  05:39:36

Any ideas on some possible reasons/causes please?

thanks
Azhar