[GE users] environment variables

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jun 26 22:15:50 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 26.06.2008 um 21:25 schrieb Ryan Golhar:

> I have a linux box with its own queue defined.  On this box, when
> user ssh into it, a bunch of environment variables are set by
> scripts in /etc/profile.d.
>
> However, when I run a job, none of the environment variables are
> NOT set.
>
> I *thought* this was working before as I have scripts set up that
> used to run fine, but now something has changed causing the scripts
> to fail because environment variables aren't set.
>
> Was there a change in behaviour from 6.0 to 6.1 or perhaps
> something else might be affecting this?

assuming you set "unix_behavior" as shell_start_mode, SGE will just
make an exec of the job script. To force the bash to do some login-
setup, you could use a first line in the script of:

#!/bin/bash -il

(lowercase I, lowercase L). Another option you might try:

qsub -V

which will deliver all currently set enviroment variables also to the
job. Maybe its similar to the ones set in your cluster on the nodes.