[GE users] "Dispatching rate" of jobs

chambon chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Mon Dec 6 09:21:39 GMT 2010

Hello,

Is there any solution to control the "dispathing rate" (I mean the number of jobs dispatched per scheduling pass), mainly to avoid bootleneck from jobs using storage services ?
(I mean avoid too many jobs starting at the same time and trying to access files)
?

I don't speak about  controling the number of running jobs, why is, of course,  possible by complex
I also know that  users can "serialize" their jobs (via hold|released states or jobs dependancies)

Best regards
Bernard CHAMBON