[GE users] "Dispatching rate" of jobs

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Dec 6 15:27:17 GMT 2010

Am 06.12.2010 um 16:02 schrieb chambon:

>> Hi Bernhard,

>> you could possibly play around with the scheduler configuration, esp.
>> with "job_load_adjustments", "load_adjustment_decay_time", and possibly
>> the "load_formula" (depending on your scenario):
>>

> Ok, I understand what you mean.
>
> The inconvenient is that this rule will concern  ALL jobs (and not only jobs | users | groups| projects| complex| etc.  using storage services)
>
> moreover, I my case I have already defined a load_formula to take into account the cpu load, disk space et memory space per machine.
> (with the help of load sensors)

What you can do: submit all jobs with an operator or system hold. Then use a cron job which will check, that one and only one job is pending without hold.

The problem is of course, that you will influence the scheduling as you are doing it partially on your own. You could try to have a limited amount from each project/group/resource request eligible for scheduling.

-- Reuti