[GE users] Dealing with Berkeley DB

chambon chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Tue Dec 7 10:36:43 GMT 2010

I try to survive with Berkeley DB...

Question 1 :

How to restore a configuration (sge file) ?
I have used the save|load_sge_config.sh, but those scripts need a running qmaster
but what can I do if I can't start qmaster because of failure on sge file  ... ? (It not my case for the moment)

Question 2 :
For the moment I have a running GE master. I can read and modify the configuration, submit and run job
nevertheless db_verify show errors on sge file

 >  db_verify -h /nbs/ge6.2u5/default/spool/spooldb sge
 db_verify: Page 15: page 17 encountered a second time on free list
 db_verify: sge: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed

May I trust db_verify ?
if necessary (?),  how to repair with db_* tools ?

(The only solution I saw (and successfully test) is db_dump + rm sge + db_load)

Best reagards
Bernard CHAMBON