[GE users] mpiexec Hydra integration SGE

nixter mazouzi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 16:00:36 GMT 2010

Hello,

I try to run Intel MPI (1.4.01) based on mpich2. I read that's possible to integrate MPICH2 easly with SGE.

I used my previous pe like this :

pe_name            impi_robin
slots              999
user_lists         NONE
xuser_lists        NONE
start_proc_args    /Softs/Sge/mpi/startmpi.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args     /Softs/Sge/mpi/stopmpi.sh
allocation_rule    $round_robin
control_slaves     TRUE
job_is_first_task  FALSE
urgency_slots      min
accounting_summary FALSE

I execute mpi in my script file like ;
..
mpiexec.hydra -v  -bootstrap rsh  -n 2 ./stress

the machines file provided by SGE  containes :

node1
node2

I noticed that the application executed only on node1 (2 program)

It seem like hydra don't care about SGE allocation rules!

What can i do to have a fully integration with SGE. i.e one process by node ?

Thanks in advance.

nixter.