[GE users] Berkeley DB recovery possible ?

chambon chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Wed Dec 8 14:08:40 GMT 2010

Hello,

Does Berkeley DB usage in GE permit crash recovery ?

I'm now sure that the log files (log.000*) , not involved in transactions, are automatically removed.
But in such configuration, I can't perform catastrophic recovery. (I mean applying, via db_recover, (backup) log files since last snapshot) ?

Moreover, It seems impossible to disable automatic log files removal in DB_CONFIG (because  there is only an enabling flag DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE)

Does  someone has got an experience of a successful catastrophic recovery ?
and how to ?

Bernard CHAMBON