[GE users] Resource availabilty difference reported by qstat/qconf

paulu pcu-m at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 12 23:31:54 GMT 2010

Reuti,

Thanks a lot for the response.

On Thursday 09 December 2010, reuti wrote:
> Am 09.12.2010 um 00:16 schrieb paulu:
> > I see a difference in the reported availability of a global
> > consumables, depending on the method to show it. In this
> > particular case it is about a requestable global consumable
> > named mti_sim_total.
> >
> > With:
> >  qstat -F | grep gc:mti_sim_total | sort -u
> >
> > I get:
> >  gc:mti_sim_total=0
>
> The output will change: you will see either gc: or gl:, depending
> what's the tighter constraint (same for `qhost`).

With qstat -F I always see gc:, never gl:.

With qhost -F I see some global consumables reported as gc: and some
as gl:. I have read the manual:

  'l' - a load value reported for the resource,
  'c' - availability derived from the consumable resources facility

However, I cannot figure out why one resource is reported as 'l' and
the other as 'c'. All are defined as  global consumable resources in
the same way. And all are reported by the load sensor. I am using SGE
6u8.

> > With:
> >  SGE_SINGLE_LINE= qconf -se global | grep ^load_values
> >
> > I see:
> >  mti_sim_total=1
>
> This is the plain load value, left untouched.

OK, clear.

That then brings me to an additional (final) question: is it possible
to see the available resources, according to just the current resource
requests? So not adjusted by the load reports. Currently, I only can
see if requests have been made which do not actually use the requested
resource (a floating license feature in my case). I would also be able
to see the opposite: using a license feature without the proper
request for it.

Thanks.
--
Paul.