[GE users] can't get password entry for user "www"

llikethat bharanitn at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 05:07:56 GMT 2010

I'm using SGE 6.2u5 on linux CentOS. The authentication is done using ADS. There are totally 70nodes running with proper configuration. The configuration for the nodes are defined locally. The spool directory is also local.

But some of the nodes give the following error

can't get password entry for user "www"  and the nodes are marked in Error state. When I check the nodes manually if they are able to get the list of users from the ADS, they seem to be fine. (i get all the users including www from the Domain)

It is not only this but the local configuration also gets lost, if i do a qconf -sconf <hostname> it says the configuration is not defined.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks