[GE users] can't get password entry for user "www"

llikethat bharanitn at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 15:49:02 GMT 2010

the node are also Linux - or Windows?

The nodes are all on Linux CentOS

Is it only this user? At least in NIS it can be set up, from which UID the NIS should deliver the users at all to the clients. For the lower ones the local users will be taken. Maybe it's similar in ADS.

It is not the only user. We are using a Web-Interface to submit jobs - which uses www as the user. But at times the same error reflects for the sgeadmin user too. I have not configured the users locally (both www and sgeadmin). I used to do this when there was not authentication mechanism added to the compute nodes. Now we have an ADS, the same users in the ADS are used in the master and the compute nodes using LDAP.

I think it's not bound to some particular nodes, but depends on the load of the ADS server, or what they deliver. I saw this only once, when the NIS server in our case couldn't be contacted.

Yes, that's right it is not bound to any particular node. This error occurs randomly. The only thing that comes to my mind is the load. But will 72 nodes with slots 4 = 288 requests will create such a huge load.

Now i'm looking at the load on the ADS, will get back if i get an answer for this.

Thanks,