[GE users] standing reservations?

biscisking dsmith03 at its.jnj.com
Fri Dec 17 15:09:50 GMT 2010

I had a queuing system once that allowed for a standing reservation for a user or group (although it was inferior in many other ways to SGE :-) ). I'd like to do this for two different consumable resources (processors and one complex being reported by flex-grid). From what I can tell, advanced reservations don't fit, because they are tied to individual jobs and go away when the job completes. I want a group of users to have dedicated access to a certain number of processors and a certain number of the complex variable, because they paid for both. Is there a way to do this in SGE?

Thanks!