[GE users] 6.2u5 memory reporting issue - building ge

coffman michael.coffman at avagotech.com
Mon Dec 20 18:15:06 GMT 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to build O|SGE so I can drop in a version of execd that will properly report memory usage.   After reading several threads related to this, it seemed that is what I would need to do.   I have downloaded the source via:

svn co https://gridscheduler.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gridscheduler gridscheduler

Now I am trying to run aimk to get things setup to build.   This is my first time trying to build GE and it seems a bit daunting and help would be appreciated.

I am trying to build on rhel5u4.

The build arch is getting set to  lx26-amd64 - is this correct?   My current install is lx24-amd64.

When I add the following to the aimk.private, it at least starts to build:

set CORE_HOME = /opt/grid-6.2u5/lib/lx24-amd64

But then I get a bunch of errors that look like the following:

../libs/lck/Makefile:103: ../libs/lck/lck_dependencies: No such file or directory
../libs/rmon/Makefile:73: ../libs/rmon/rmon_dependencies: No such file or directory
.
.
.
../clients/showq/Makefile:85: ../clients/showq/showq_dependencies: No such file or directory
../utilbin/Makefile:79: ../utilbin/utilbin_dependencies: No such file or directory

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
--
-MichaelC