[GE users] 'exclusive' flag and accounting

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Dec 21 18:04:26 GMT 2010

Am 21.12.2010 um 16:30 schrieb fredlefebvre:

> We run SGE on a large multi-users cluster.  We want to set our
> cheduling to allocate full nodes only to users instead of partial
> nodes.  So all our nodes having 8 cores, if a user requests 12 cores
> for an mpi job, I want to allocate 2 nodes to his job.  Setting the
> 'exclusive' flag seems to do what we want... but in that case, qstat
> would still report only 12 slots used and worst, the accounting file
> would also report only 12 slots.  Is there a betting way to achieve
> that same goal that would also work for the accounting?

you could reserve 16 slots but use only 12 in the end will work. The other option is to make some post processing of the accounting file, as the resource requests will be recorded therein (and so the flag requesting the exclusive attribute).

I wonder, whether it would be suitable to extend the execd parameter ACCT_RESERVED_USAGE to honor when a complete node is reserved (not when the exclusive complex is attached to a queue though).

-- Reuti