[GE users] Rmpi under SGE

arnuschky arne.brutschy at ulb.ac.be
Wed Dec 22 19:16:22 GMT 2010

Hey,

> >        start_proc_args    /opt/gridengine/mpi/startmpi.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile
> >        stop_proc_args     /opt/gridengine/mpi/stopmpi.sh
>
> Aren't you using Open MPI? Then these two entries can be set to NONE.

Yes, I do. I will change these entries then.

> Open MPI on its own is working fine with more than 20 nodes? How is Open MPI called
> by R - just a plain `mpiexec`, or any special arguments?

Yes, I tested with 50 nodes, worked both with $fill_up and $round_robin.

Regarding the mpiexec: I have honestly no idea. I will try to read the
source code - I am not using R and the Rmpi package myself, I am (only)
the admin of the cluster. Maybe someone on this mailing list can answer
this question?

Have some happy holidays, if you have some!
Cheers and Thanks for all the replies,
Arne