[GE users] ARCo on Ubuntu

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Dec 22 22:22:16 GMT 2010

neubauer <neubauer at ekp.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> Is there a possibility to install ARCo on Ubuntu 10.4.

I don't see why not.  What goes wrong if you follow the instructions?  I
built and installed it on RedHat 5.

> Are there any repositories for that? Main problem is the Sun Java Web
> console, isn't it?

I think there's a general feeling that the webconsole bit isn't so
useful (compared with using dbwriter to maintain the database).  It
definitely won't be in an Ubuntu repo; as far as I remember, the
webconsole distribution doesn't actually state a licence, so is
certainly not redistributable.

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org