[GE users] taking hosts offline

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Dec 22 23:13:13 GMT 2010

craffi <dag at sonsorol.org> writes:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Read the manpage for 'qmod' , you want the 'qmod -d all.q@<nodename>' --
> this will (d)isable the node which allows running jobs to finish but
> will prevent new work from landing.

See http://www.nw-grid.ac.uk/LivScripts for a simple script
(disable-nodes) which does that, and the reverse.  However, you might
find it better to restrict the nodes to a specific ACL to allow testing
them (e.g. sge-restrict-nodes from the same page); we'll often have such
nodes running HPL to see if they stand up.  Note those scripts use node
numbers, and work cross-cluster, courtesy of genders.  (I think there
are similar things by other people lying around, but those are the ones
I can point to.)

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org