[GE users] how to job reject to exclude queue's user_list

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Dec 23 09:15:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 23.12.2010 um 05:06 schrieb sonsh99:

> I setup to queue's user_list.
>
> I think that  user who exclude user_list was can't submit job.
>
> But user's job was submitted. just have 'qw' status.
>
> I want to user can't job submit to queues.
>
> Is have solution?

when you attach an ACL to a queue (or exechost), then other queues (or exechosts) might exist or become available later on, to which access is granted. If you want to avoid this user to submit jobs at all, you can:

- attach the ACL to SGE's configuration (`qconf -mconf`).

- force him to use the switch "-w e" which would reject the job when there are no suitable queues/exechosts at all right now.

- use a JSV to reject jobs on certain conditions.