[GE users] [GE announce] Changes for a Bright Future at Oracle

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 06:28:34 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM, templedf <daniel.templeton at oracle.com> wrote:
> o The Open Grid Scheduler project
> [http://sourceforge.net/projects/gridscheduler/] will be continuing on
> the tradition of the Grid Engine open source project.  While the Open
> Grid Scheduler project will remain independent of the Oracle Grid Engine
> product, the project will have the support of the Oracle team, including
> making available artifacts from the original Grid Engine open source
> project.

Thanks Daniel & team for the support. And it would be great if Oracle
can contribute compatibility features to the Grid Scheduler project,
esp. DRMAA2, and provide a path for OGS to Oracle Grid Engine
migration for those who want 24x7 commercial support (and vice versa
for those who want to use open source products, but I think Oracle is
not very interested in it yet!).

And the Grid Scheduler project has been quiet for some time because
Ron is busy with his own consulting business, but he agreed to pass
the torch, and I am going to be the official maintainer until we find
a better person. (When Grid Engine was a Sun open source projects, Ron
& I were the only handful of developers contributing code, and I hope
to change the code contribution process a bit so that we can accept
more contributions!)

Rayson